Friday, January 22, 2010

NO CHEMO TODAY

So, my white blood cell count was too low to get chemo today. Really disappointed as this throws a hiccup in the whole plan.

I was thinking, "God, this is really inconvenient"...but then I remembered that this WHOLE thing is inconvenient. What's another week in this crazy scenario.

Anyway, the hope is that by this time next week my white blood cell count will be back up to normal (which is around 1500 (not sure what units), today mine was 900). My boss printed off some info for me today; foods and activities to do to boost white blood cells. So I'll try those methods/foods pray that it helps.


Regardless, I have to now get this shot after each chemo treatment that will encourage my bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. Unfortunately, the shot costs a whopping $4000. After I meet my $1500 deductible (which I am sure is any day now), I will owe 20% of that $4000. Which is, $800. Each time. So, yeah.

God's going to use this to have me rely on him. He has to. I mean, at this point, why not. This is really revealing fears in me of financial instability. I have always guarded my money and now, I have to give it all up. Pray for me that I get over this and learn to trust God to pay the bills.

As far as the red blood cells, I am pretty sure those were fine. So our prayers worked there. I just forgot about the white ones. Shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Uh-oh... God is too literal. You pray for red cells, they're fine. You inadvertently forget to pray for white, and He leaves them alone. C'mon, God! Step in and intervene when we "forget" to ask for something!!! Being facetious, of course, but still.... Anyways, I love following your blog and keeping up with the news. Thanks for letting us from all over the country be a part of your journey (in prayer.)

    ReplyDelete