Wednesday, January 6, 2010

17 - MY FAVORITE NUMBER...

So I met with the radiation oncologist this morning for a little consultation. He says after chemo is done, or at least wrapping up, he will radiate me. When I asked how many times he said "17."

17 business days, in a row, of radiation. I paused, thought aloud, "That's a lot of days." Then remembered that 17 is my favorite number. So, I guess that might be a good sign. Superstition aside, we won't really know the number of treatments until the final post-chemo PET Scan is reviewed and we can determine how many treatments are needed.

So that was a very preliminary meeting. My next step with the radiation is to call them when I am nearing the end of chemo and schedule the radiation.

I was warned of some downsides...possible second-occurrence cancer (that would be breast cancer, lung cancer, etc. since I will be radiating the whole upper half of my body) down the road. But I am not too concerned about that. Again, it's just cancer!

I will keep you posted as best I can after I get chemo on Friday.

Pray pray pray pray pray that I don't feel like crapola afterward. There is a chance I won't. Let's all let God know that that's our wish. OK? OK.

Love,
T

1 comment: