Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A BLOG?! SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, amazing what this cancer has done to me! Now I created a blog. Ridiculous I know. For the girl who just now, again because of the cancer, has agreed to get the internet at home, this is quite a step.

It is 2010, I guess. I suppose I could do something remotely related to this century.

Anyway, I started this because too many of you care about me and it's hard to send the Facebook messages since some of you don't participate in that social networking tool. I hope this is easy for you to navigate and all that jazz.

I reposted all the correspondence I have written through Facebook here.

So, onto the news. I'll keep it brief:

Tomorrow...consultation with radiation doctor to see what sort of radiation treatment I might need in conjunction with the chemo. That's at 7:30 tomorrow morning. My only prayer request on that one is that I get there on time :)

Friday...and so it begins. Chemo on Friday. Bleh. Not looking forward to it, but my mom will be there to help. I should also finally get the interweb at my home that day. Pray I am not throwing up when the Cox guy shows up. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

PRAYER PRIORITIES
1) Pray that I am one of the few, blessed people that are not affected too badly by the chemo. It's worth asking God about, if you ask me.
2) Pray that the cancer cells are sufficiently "injured" by the chemo after just one treatment. That would be AWESOME. (also, "injured" is the actual medical term - no joke).
3) Pray that, as always, God gives me a good attitude so that I can reflect his glory for all the people involved in this little fiasco.

That's it for now.

Love you all,
Trina

5 comments:

  1. Do you ever think back to people asking you, "Geez, Trina, what's it going to take to get you to join THIS century?" referring of course to not having the interweb at your house, and wish you could travel back in time and tell them, "Cancer!" Can you imagine the reaction? That would be brilliant! Now more importantly, call me when it's time for wig shopping or scalp henna!! :-)

    Love and prayers!

    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Trina - I'm glad that you started it :-) You really do have a knack for witty writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to my first two Nod Squad members :) Nice work, you two.

    JP: I will def be down for scalp henna. I can so see it now!!!!!!!

    Mel: Thanks for the compliment. Having cancer gives me a vehicle to share my knack. What will I do when it's gone?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am gonna be a Nod Squad too! Love Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trina,
    Thanks for posting all of this. Your attitude and faith are beautiful. I love the specific prayer requests, so helpful. God is big and God is good!

    P.S. I have started growing my hair for Locks of Love to donate in your name.

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete