Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LONG AWAITED UPDATE

--originally posted 12/31/09--

Hello all! I have a few moments in a coffee shop before meeting a friend for lunch in Tempe...so here is the latest Nodular News. I know you have all been waiting eagerly, patiently, with bated breath for the latest. So here you have it:

WEIGHT LOSS - I WISH!
Gained some weight recently...in the form of a "portacath" inserted in my chest wall.

The surgery was just yesterday and I feel fine. Bruised, sore, won't be doing any wrestling any time soon, but fine. Using just ibuprophen for the soreness. Hopefully I will be able to have a sip, or two, of champagne tonight without getting caaahrazy, but I make no guarantees.

Yesterday morning, I also had an ultrasound done on my heart to make sure it's strong and healthy enough for chemo. I sure hope it is, seeing as I have a portacath for chemo presently residing in my chest! :) The results of the ultrasound should come to me today or early next week. I anticipate that all is normal/fine with my heart. And yes, it turns out that I DO have a heart. I know some of you were wondering.

THERAPY TO BEGIN NEXT WEEK
So, next week I go back to work. My bosses have agreed to help me work from home for the days I feel like crap. Turns out there is something called the "interweb" or maybe the "internet" or "net"...anyway, I need to get it at my house so I can particpate in this "work from home" idea. I will use the beginning of next week to get that set up.

On Wednesday the 6th I meet with a radiation doctor to see what the options are for radiation therapy. This would be in addition to chemo, probably toward the end of therapy to "clean up" any lingering cancer cells. I will let you know what I find out.

Then, on Friday the 8th I hope to have my first dose of chemo. Not at all looking forward to it, but it's necessary, so they say. I will need to take the whole day off work and I will need someone to drive me. I have family who can help me, but if for some reason that doesn't pan out, I will be sure to ask one of you to drive me. I know there are lots of people willing and wanting to assist me, so to be fair I will try to rotate helpers so you all get a chance :)

HAIR APPARENT
One last thing. My hair is now purple. I had my friend Priscilla cut it and color it for me. She did a great job on this, the first of a few Phases we have planned. Now's the time to experiment before it all falls out, right? So anyway, if you see it, please compliment me. I have cancer you know!

PRAYERS
Ok, God has shown me that PRAYER WORKS!!!!!! So, let's all pray for these things:
1) That I have minimal side effects (nausea, weakness, fatigue) from the chemo. My doc said some people have minimum reactions. Pray I am one of those people.
2) That internet setup is easy and not too time consuming. I can't afford to waste days off waiting for the internet people to do their job so pray the timing works out well.
3) That my journey touches people and makes them ask about why I have such a good attitude. Pray that opportunities open up for meaningful discussion. Pray that the Spirit gives me the boldness to tell them "I believe in God and Jesus. If Jesus can heal me of my sins and save me from Hell, I have no doubt he will save me from cancer. And even if he doesn't, he's already died once so I don't have to. There is no death for me, just a transition from life here to eternal life in Heaven with him."

That's all the news now. Hopefully I will have a chance to update you all next week.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment