Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AN UPDATE

--originally posted 12/15/09--

SCAN YOU DIG IT?
So, friends and family, tomorrow is my PET scan. I am not sure what that stands for, I haven't looked it up (untrue, I did, but I forgot what it meant), but it does NOT mean that I will be bringing my kittens in with me.

No, no. This little procedure is to see where any cancer cells might be hanging about. This will help the oncologist determine how to best approach my treatment.

The test is at 8am and lasts, from start to finish, 1.75 hours (for those of you uncomfortable with decimals, that means 1 hour and 45 minutes).

PRAYER PRIORITIES
My first prayer is that the cancer has not spread very far, if at all. If it hasn't gotten too far, perhaps they can just radiate the heck out of my shoulder and I won't have to do chemo.

My second prayer, is that if it has spread, that it hasn't spread too much.

My third prayer, is that if it has spread too much and I don't have too long to live, that a) I am OK with that, knowing that God is in control and, as always, he will get glory out of this and b) that I can enjoy my last days traveling and blowing whatever savings I have :)

Oh wait, revise. My first prayer is that the God removes the cancer sometime between now and 8am tomorrow. (Pray big or go home, right?)

ALL THIS TO SAY...
Thanks for reading and praying and thinking about me. I really appreciate it very much and I hope in the end this was all a big deal for nothing.

I'll keep you posted. The results may not be available until Wednesday, the 23rd.

Look for the next edition of The Nodular News right here in your Inbox...

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment