Saturday, February 6, 2010

ADDED SOME PICS

I figured out how to put some pics on this thing. I have been undergoing a series of Phases for my hair in anticipation of losing it. It was once longish, which for me was a long-time feat - my hair takes FOREVER to grow - and it was blondish, a feat that took a lot shorter time to accomplish thanks to my friend (and hair guru) Priscilla and some chemicals :)

So, the pics show Phases I, II and III. There were only plans for three phases, but if it hangs on long enough, a fourth phase may be in the works.

SINCE THE LAST UPDATE...

...the one where I was freaking out about money...well the situation hasn't improved much, but I am trying to apply my "it's just cancer" attitude to it. Soon, I hope to be confidently and joyfully saying "it's just several tens of thousands of dollars" :)

There are some resources out there that I have yet to investigate. So, when I get time I will find them, fill out the forms and pray that God wants me to get money from those resources. I know He's going to show me that I can trust Him with this. God, this is truly your time to SHINE!

Anyway, enjoy the pics and keep praying. My next chemo (Chemo III) is next Friday. I got a little spoiled having three weeks between Chemo I and Chemo II, so I pray I have a good attitude going in for III.

Who knows, maybe after Friday I will be 3/4 done with chemo. Maybe when they do my PET Scan after Chemo IV it will be GONE! That would be amazing, and I hope that's God's will. I know He's teaching me a lot right now, maybe two months of having cancer isn't long enough for Him to crack through to me. I know He knows best, so we'll just have to see.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and has fun watching that thar Super Bowl!

Love, T

1 comment:

  1. Trina, I'm sorry there is uncertainty with the financial aspect of all of this. I'm sure that you are hearing that you should "focus on yourself" during all of this, but the financial part is a reality. Since I went through treatment, etc. recently, if there is anything I can do to help you navigate (since it is all fresh in my mind), don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to do some research for you (gregterp AT verizon DOT NET) Best, Greg

    ReplyDelete